Either Ms. Chast has ADD herself, or she knows somebody very well who does.
I saw this in this week’s New Yorker. The text goes like this:
1. Call to order.
2. Speaker introducted. Didn’t catch name.
3. Talk talk talk. Blah blah blah. Sooooo BORING!
4. Speaker looks like Cousin Jeremy.
5. Note to self: YOU OWE JEREMY AN EMAIL.
6. God, I never answered Miriam’s email either.
7. No *way* I’m cooking dinner tonight. We’ll order something.
8. Everybody left. Why am I still sitting here?
Tags: Barking Lunacy
Comments are now closed.